An ideal website building course for kids
Learn the principles of website building, start designing stunning websites, and add multimedia and complex functionalities to your websites.
What you’ll learn
Principles of website building
Creating websites using HTML, CSS
Adding text, images, audio, videos
Creating grids with Bootstrap
File handling using Python
Using NodeJS on websites
Hands-on website building projects
Skills you’ll gain
Website buiding principles
Creative, design thinking
HTML, CSS, Bootstrap
Python, Python Flask
What you’ll achieve
Web Development Certificate
Lifetime community access
Exclusive access to competitions
Website building activities for kids
Create a carousel to display multiple images that users can scroll through and to make your website more interactive.
Create multiple sections to display different kinds of content and to make your website easy to read and navigate.
Create colorful boxes to give your website a bold, sprightly look and to make the content on your website stand out.
STEM.org Accredited Educational Experience
What is STEM.org?
STEM.org Educational Research (SER) is the longest continually operating STEM education research and credentialing organization that has served over 4,500 schools, districts, and organizations in over 25 countries.
Who gets STEM.org Accreditation?
The STEM.org Accreditation is awarded to institutions that develop 21st century skills, have an original curriculum revolving around STEM, adequately incorporate technology into classes, and offer hands-on STEM-based activities.
What does STEM.org Accreditation mean?
STEM.org Accreditation is awarded by STEM.org Educational Research (SER) after thoroughly examining and evaluating the educational institution’s curriculum, teachers, and courses for efficiency, effectiveness, and quality.
What students and parents have to say
Grade 9, Codingal Student
The Web development course is very interesting. The hands-on projects helped me to improve my website building skills.
Ass. General Manager
Codingal's hands-on projects help my child practice the concepts thoroughly.
Grade 6, Codingal Student
Math seems more interesting after starting to learn web development.
I cannot believe that my kid has learned to develop amazing websites at an early age. Thank you Codingal.
Grade 9, Codingal Student
I am learning to create websites using HTML and CSS which is so fun that it makes me want to learn more.
Thanks to Codingal my child's confidence has boosted after developing her website.
Grade 8, Codingal Student
Along with developing websites, the web development course has also helped me improve my problem solving skills.
Codingal has helped my child to discover his creativity through website development.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is web development?
Web development refers to designing, creating, building, and maintaining websites over the internet. It involves aspects such as web designing, web programming, and database management.
What is web development for kids?
Web development for kids including teaching children to build websites with multimedia and complex functionalities.
The three aspects of web development are: front-end, back-end, full-stack development.
- Front-end development deals with the visuals of the website across devices - the colors, icons, fonts, images, etc.
- Back-end development involves building and maintaining the code that runs the website. It connects the website with the servers to ensure that data flows properly and transactions are processed correctly.
- Full-stack development involves both responsibilities of building and maintaining both front-end and back-end code of the website.
Codingal offers online web development courses to teach your child to build amazing websites.
Can a child build a website?
Indeed! You can teach your kid to create their first website by following these simple four steps.
- Choose a topic: Select a topic that interests them, like a school project, favorite cartoon, hobbies, sports, etc
- Select a web host: This is where you get to select your website’s name or domain. You can use free or paid services to do so.
- Web design: This is where the writing of code kicks in. How your website looks, what colors to choose, and of course knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Decorate the site: Add images, videos, personal photos. Think of it as adding stickers to make your website pretty
And voila, your website is ready to be showcased.
What are the benefits of web development courses for kids?
There are various advantages to learning web development at an early age.
- It boosts confidence as a child builds and rebuilds a website on their own.
- It nurtures the creativity of a child in visualizing the different elements, topics, colors of the website.
- It builds resilience because building a website, maintaining data, and making it user-friendly will involve a lot of debugging and going back to the drawing board.
- It helps them in problem-solving because each element of the website is thought out and built by them.
- It enhances communication skills because coding a website involves giving clear instructions to a computer for it to understand.
What are the best web development courses for kids?
You will find many freemium platforms that teach web development to kids.
However, to really excel at web development, a child needs a mentor to guide them along their learning journey.
Codingal offers a web development course for kids with a holistic, STEM-based curriculum that not only teaches your child to build amazing websites but also improves their performance at school.