IIT Roorkee in partnership with Codingal is launching the E-Summit'21 App Innovation Challenge for School Kids of Std 8 to Std 12.
In this App Innovation Challenge, children have to develop an app on any of the fields: Environment, Education, Healthcare, Agriculture and Sanitation.
A few examples of apps in various fields -
- Environment: Building an app directory of industry-wise and city-wise distribution of units with their carbon footprint numbers
- Education: A quizzing app or an app where one can take aptitude tests
- Healthcare: Compiling data on generic medicines and stores selling them in close proximity
- Agriculture: Create an app-based market place for wholesalers and farmers to connect and reach a pricing consensus
- Sanitation: A platform for local administration to track the personnel collecting garbage waste and the amounts distributed across various disposal sites
*There will be a FREE Mentoring Session conducted by the founders of Codingal - Vivek Prakash and Satyam Baranwal to guide you and get feedback on your ideas and design.
Details of the Mentoring Session
Date: 3rd January 2021
Time: 11AM to 12 noon
Medium: Online via Zoom
Register here for attending the mentoring session
Take part in this App Innovation Challenge and get a chance to win a certificate from IIT Roorkee along with Codingal Merchandise worth Rs. 10,000!
What will your registration give you access to?
- A FREE E-pass worth Rs. 125 to “E-Summit Speaker Sessions” given by India's renowned Startup Founders during the event between Jan 6 to Jan 10, 2021*
- A FREE Mentoring session by the founders of Codingal - Vivek Prakash and Satyam Baranwal to be conducted on 3rd January 2021 at 11 AM IST via Zoom.
- 1-hour masterclass by Codingal professional coaches on App Development
The problem statements for the challenge on which each student will create and build the best possible solution through an app will be shared on the day of the masterclass.
The purpose of the E-Summit'21 App Innovation Challenge for School Kids is to
- Bring about a change in kids from being a consumer to a creator of technology.
- Help children develop an acumen with which they can create products for the larger good.
- Improve problem-solving and logical thinking skills in children.
- Make educators, parents and stakeholders aware of coding and its benefits.
*No epass for those who have filled the google form after Sunday Jan 3, 2021.